When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Monark, Does Anyone Have This Bike?

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Does anyone have this actual bike? I'm curious if the fenders have slight flares at the bottom in real life, or just appear this way in the ad?

Thanks in advance...

46 MONARK.jpg

higgens

I live for the CABE
image.png

No flares I've had same one badge airman and no flares ether and all year between and no flares

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Jake, are they flared or not? I looked but couldn't find them.

I saw an early hextube silver king, a 46, in person with deep fenders like this... and they were flared, just like they appear in this ad. The bike was dead on orig... I saw it 30 years ago though and haven't seen anything like it since. First year hextubes are different than the later 3 years... there are different elements to the frame, etc. I have not seen those fenders since, but they appear in this ad for a 1946 Monark... the headlight is the correct open side headlight used on the hextube as well...

If anyone else has seen these fenders in person, please chime in... @TheFizzer... where you at?

Thx

jacob9795

I live for the CABE
Higgens and tech549 have the bike in the advertisement with the exception of the reverse paint scheme on the tank (I've never seen reversed; must be really rare). The model number for their bikes should be 4406 which correlates to 1947. The 1948 model number is 4408. Hotrod's bike is a 1949-50.
First photo is what I believe to be a 1946 Monark Super D' because they either came in blue or light green (based on advertisements). I've only ever seen 1947 models in deep red only and '48 models in either deep red or 'Gumby' green:

image.png

Here is my '48:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here are my '47 fenders

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My conclusion is that they're are not supposed to have a flare. However, they may have a slight flare from being pushed on over the years.
Jake

Last edited: