When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Raleigh Ladies bike for sale in Scotland.

-
Yep, me too! I'd guess it would be in the $350-400 range, maybe more.

@SirMike1983 ICYMI
Maybe less ! I have 48 / 49 Dawn Tourist completely original complete in good condition. No generator and aTerry fabric seat. The best offer I could manage was 150 USD. I put it away. 150 is what a nice Free Spirit costs !

8811BF6A-4F31-467A-89D3-E50E40688BBB.jpeg

A ladies frame or 21 inch men's frame kind of hampers the values. My early 1960s Raleigh Dawn Tourist was a 21 inch men's frame, full chain case, rod and drum brakes, Danish import number, and even was the Superbe Green color. In the end, it only brought about $150 because it was a local sale. I suppose I could have done better with shipping, but I wasn't interested in shipping the thing. $150 seems low at first, but with a local sale, you struggle with getting enough interest sometimes. This was an open auction with no reserve in the Washington, DC area, so fertile ground for a higher sale, one would think. Not the case at all!

IMG_2951.jpg

Were it a tall men's frame, it would sell for more. I got a much better price with my 1940s tall frame Dawn Tourist.

You would have done better in Minneapolis/St. Paul, also. Although, 21” is a little bike.

Ted

Back