When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946? Roadmaster cyclo(cycle)truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are my pics

Here is a pic of the serial number for your database. I also included pics of the fork ends. It doesn't look like the catalog pics have these threaded tubes brazed on them. They certainly look to be original and have a fair amount of pitting which would indicate rust over time. Any ideas? Thanks for all the other info. My rear fender looks original, but some idiot cut off the tail presumably because it was dented and then repainted it. Holes were filled and a washer tacked in where the hole was rounded out.

CWCTruck1-1.jpg

CWCTruck2-1.jpg

CWCTruck3-1.jpg

FBK - Here is a pic from a while back

This was a mockup i did awhile back. It is still sitting in bare metal.

BoardTruckerMockUp1-1.jpg

Joe

Thanks guys for the serial numbers. it is interesting how close they are. I have another related item to share regarding the brazed bosses on the fork but it is on my work machine so I'll post it tomorrow.

A couple more questions, Joe, is the original fender from your bike ridged or smooth? And if you don't mind, a nice clear close-up side shot of either rear dropout showing the full dropout including the area where it attachs to the stays would be helpfull regarding an idea I have dating the frames.

Thanks

Phil

Here is a CWC patent for a stand that shows the brazed on fork bosses. It is interesting that the patent was filed in 1943 and granted in 1947. This patent coupled with Joe's observation that the 1940-41 model shows the stand pivoting off the axel leads me to believe that the Delivery model may have been produced both before and after WW2.

If you are interested in the accompanying text for this patent, you can find it on a Google patent search by number.

Phil

3078302398_a49172e015_b-1.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures to come....

I have two Bikes one almost complete with original Maroon paint (missing stand and basket....) Frank sent me some great pictures of Jerry's bike (green one, chestnut hollow)... I will have to dig everything up but, in the meantime there is a set of wheels for a Schwinn Cycle Truck on the bay They are exact except the front hub being a large flange the wheels on a RM are the same as a schwinn prewar CT I may get rid of the parts on one of mine in a "PACKAGE DEAL"....fork fenders....? but I gotta DIG DIG DIG:(

J A M I E

Here's a couple of Delivery bikes in my stable-

Roadmaster20arch20bar20Delivery20bike-1.jpg

The bike has been house painted, and the paint was too thick on the bb to see the serial. I will scrape it later to see the serial number. It obviously has the fork mount tabs for the stand.

Roadmaster20rainbow20frame20Delivery20bi-1.jpg

Odd frame, ever see one before? I do not know if the forks are correct or not. By looking at Phil's ad, they do look correct. It does have a RM badge on it, but that doesn't mean much.

Here's the serial #...or is it? C301

Roadmaster20rainbow20frame20Delivery20bi-2.jpg

Lastly, here is a spare fork that I have-

Roadmaster20Delivery20bike20fork-1.jpg

The steerer measures 13-1/4".

Interesting that it has a Schwinn style stand and basket too! The only 'original' basket I have seen was a funky double decker.

My RM CT has gothic fenders which I believe to be orig.

I do not believe the basket or chainring to be correct for RMs, probably just added on by another restorer. As far as the fork goes, it is similar to a Schwinn fork, but not the same. It appears to be the same one as in Phil's ad.

Last edited:
Thank you so much........KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING!

Thanks to ALL the CABE COMMUNITY who helped get info on this bike! If you have any other photo's, info or spare parts...PLEASE LET ME KNOW. You guy's have just made this project fun for me again! Does anyone know about the "top" basket bracket on the RM? Or even the bottom? If anyone has a photo of the lower frame basket bracket...without the basket mounted it would be very helpful in making some new brackets! Thanks again, GERRY D. FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

Back