When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Rollfast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here you go

Hey that is my old bike! I believe the fork was replaced.

Here's the '46 I mentioned that I recently sold.

View attachment 1287747

I believe the fork was replaced.

Here's the '46 I mentioned that I recently sold.

View attachment 1287747
What makes you believe the fork was replaced? I never noticed that when I had it, but maybe I just wasn't looking for it. An old photo of it when I had, I was picking around with it or replacing tires or something, I can't remember. I do remember now that I put a more appropriate seat on it. It had this stem on it and bars when I got it. I added the stem and bars which you see on, Mikes' version, I only say all this is because I was just pm and asked what story was on this bike, I gave in more detail in that conversion. It is a cool bike, I have definitely had a hate and love squall relationship with this one. :).
10946-023876e30b09699953adc5435a0f950d.jpg

Last edited:
The saddle is covered in "oilcloth." A linseed oil based enamel, applied to canvas as a cheap substitute for leather. 1946 was the war's end, but leather was an important war-time commodity and in short supply.

The saddle is covered in "oilcloth." A linseed oil based enamel, applied to canvas as a cheap substitute for leather. 1946 was the war's end, but leather was an important war-time commodity and in short supply.
That’s whats on my seat. I read an old thread here on the CABE about using Rustolium black paint thinned with paint thinner so it soaks into the oil cloth material to rejuvenate the cover.

Last edited:
Back