When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1946 Schwinn Continental 3 speed in CONN $420

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
By no means am I knowledgeable to say what is correct on this bike. I do know when something has been loved and cared for. This seem like this bike has not been altered from original. Looks like the original cables are still present. Front wheel says Schwinn Stainless. Looks like some war time blacked out parts still from the Sturmey plant. Wonderful old quadrant shifter. Fattest grips I have ever seen.

I simply ran a rag over the bike and took some pics. Take note of the bumps on both tubes at the steer tube. Looks to be original paint at the bumps when examined in person, but interested parties need to examine the area with diligence. More pics available upon request.
IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5200.JPG

IMG_5201.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5183.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

Last edited:
Are both rims true and do they match? Both say Jubilee?
Hi,

The "Jubilee" is only the front rim with the side knurling. The rear laced to the S/A hub is the SS Schwinn. I will spin them after work and see how true they run. I have not ridden this oldster.

Back