When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Schwinn Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I don't see SN. N23239 in 1962.. I see it listed under 1954 on two different websites! Where do you get your info? Thanks

Looks like an Oct '54 middleweight. And I think the tall badge was phased out mid '61, so I don't think '62, though that's the first place I went when reading this post. Guard looks wrong for a 26". Are those 24" wheels?
Cheers, Geoff

I found the same info. on the year, 1958. It has 24" wheels, I wasn't sure about the chain-guard. Only found 1 photo of a bike with a a guard like mine and it was not dated. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!

The chainguard is correct for that 24" Middle weight!
This is a 1951 24 inch Schwinn American I built last year as a Muscle bike, and Ive had a few other 24 inchers from the 50's and theyve all had that chainguard :)

ESMB1-1.jpg

The chainguard is correct for that 24" Middle weight!
This is a 1951 24 inch Schwinn American I built last year as a Muscle bike, and Ive had a few other 24 inchers from the 50's and theyve all had that chainguard :)

ESMB1-1.jpg

You guys need to learn some simple stuff about Schwinns. They didnt make middleweights till 55. So you dont have a 51 American.

The question was answered,,that bike is most likely early 60's Hollywood,,and I dont have to look at the serial number.

You guys need to learn some simple stuff about Schwinns. They didnt make middleweights till 55. So you dont have a 51 American.

The question was answered,,that bike is most likely early 60's Hollywood,,and I dont have to look at the serial number.

No need to get "BENT OUT OF SHAPE" My friend... I do infact have a 24 Inch American "Im sorry for the typo on the year" It's a 58 I was only using the picture as a refference to the chainguard!!

here is another pic of how I got it
24american-1.jpg

Thanks for all the photos and help!! From the research that I have done and the info. from everybody it looks to be a 1954 Girls Corvette. The only model that has chrome fenders that I can find, and the chain-guard looks to be correct for that model... Sorry for the wrong information with my first post!! Now on to CLEANING the BIKE!!

If it is a Corvette it'll have stainless fenders. They look like chrome, only the insides won't be all rusty. Fingers crossed for stainless.
Cheers, Geoff

Back