When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Schwinn DX Pencil kickstand

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree that was a factory R&D deal on that kickstand. The stand tubes were made but the retaining hardware was not available when this piece was built. Super cool piece of Schwinn history there.
Do you know of any other knowledgable people that would agree with you ? Or maybe someone i could send the pics to and verify this information?? Not that I dont trust your opinion

Do you know of any other knowledgable people that would agree with you ? Or maybe someone i could send the pics to and verify this information?? Not that I dont trust your opinion

Years ago, I asked why everyone dated these early postwar bikes as early 1946 models and never even mentioned a 1945 model. All the seasoned experts called them early 1946 models. I'm not aware of anyone that has gone deeper into the history of these early pre-postwar built pieces. The 1940 New Worlds were the first to show up with the new electro-forged "new" drop out rear fork ends, and everyone was dating those 1940-41 models to 1946 postwar models. Then during the war time production more changes occurred with even more electro-forging. This started my research on this subject, and I began to find some of the non-existent 98000+ retail bikes that Schwinn built in 1945. The government restrictions change slightly in the last quarter of 1944 and Schwinn most likely started ramping up their R & D for the postwar production.
And just for sheets and giggles, Richard Schwinn stated in one of his lectures that Schwinn did not build bikes during the war.

Years ago, I asked why everyone dated these early postwar bikes as early 1946 models and never even mentioned a 1945 model. All the seasoned experts called them early 1946 models. I'm not aware of anyone that has gone deeper into the history of these early pre-postwar built pieces. The 1940 New Worlds were the first to show up with the new electro-forged "new" drop out rear fork ends, and everyone was dating those 1940-41 models to 1946 postwar models. Then during the war time production more changes occurred with even more electro-forging. This started my research on this subject, and I began to find some of the non-existent 98000+ retail bikes that Schwinn built in 1945. The government restrictions change slightly in the last quarter of 1944 and Schwinn most likely started ramping up their R & D for the postwar production.
And just for sheets and giggles, Richard Schwinn stated in one of his lectures that Schwinn did not build bikes during the war.
I appreciate all your hard work ! Is my bike the 1st you have seen with this unique kickstand attachment ?? Maybe it was a R&D bike ?

Back