When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Shelby Traveler

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I picked up this bike awhile ago and finally got around to giving it some due respect. I had been peddling around as was with this heavy barn red paint job all the while wondering what had once looked like. I had seen this color scheme on another post and hopped it was like it. I also wish it was in better shape but it is what it is. I cleaned everything as best I could and spent a bunch of hours wet sanding the red off to a point that worked for me. Really happy with how it turned out, I rolls real nice and once I get a chain on it I'm sure it will peddle just as nice. I had to scrap the original spokes but the rims cleaned up beautifully and hopefully the hubs as well. I'm using these S-2s until I finish the original wheels. A few other non original parts like the bars but it is how I would want it. I had been holding on to the duck reflectors just for this bike, all I need is to find the right newspaper bag to go with it.

IMG_0675 (1).jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

I picked up this bike awhile ago and finally got around to giving it some due respect. I had been peddling around as was with this heavy barn red paint job all the while wondering what had once looked like. I had seen this color scheme on another post and hopped it was like it. I also wish it was in better shape but it is what it is. I cleaned everything as best I could and spent a bunch of hours wet sanding the red off to a point that worked for me. Really happy with how it turned out, I rolls real nice and once I get a chain on it I'm sure it will peddle just as nice. I had to scrap the original spokes but the rims cleaned up beautifully and hopefully the hubs as well. I'm using these S-2s until I finish the original wheels. A few other non original parts like the bars but it is how I would want it. I had been holding on to the duck reflectors just for this bike, all I need is to find the right newspaper bag to go with it.

View attachment 1554613

View attachment 1554614

View attachment 1554615

View attachment 1554617

View attachment 1554618

View attachment 1554619

View attachment 1554620

View attachment 1554621

View attachment 1554622

View attachment 1554623

View attachment 1554613

View attachment 1554614

View attachment 1554615

View attachment 1554617

View attachment 1554618

View attachment 1554619

View attachment 1554620

View attachment 1554621

View attachment 1554622

View attachment 1554623
Man this is one COOOL old Shelby.. Diggin on those cast reflectors on the handle bars.. RideOnn. Razin..

Back