When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Shortie rear fender

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
very hard to simply "eye ball" but all the ones I've seen have the Non rolled edge or razor edge

You have to measure the 2 mounting points to make an accurate call

In the Schwinn serial number thread http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/schwinn-serial-number-reference.63993/ Obi-Wan Schwinnobi mentions a rare, shortie rear fender for an early '46.
Does anyone have a picture of one you can share so we can recognize one when we see one? Thanks much for your help.

Here you go, as you can see like Bob said, the mounting points are different. And I measure a 2.5" difference on the tails of the fenders. Also, theses are both razor/non rolled edge fenders.
20170621_205746.jpg
20170621_205816.jpg

There is apparently also a non-ducktail version with the shorter mounting points but no overall length difference. This fender fits what I believe to be my '46-'47 DX. Shown in comparison to a normal postwar fender...

46fender-vs-1.JPG
46fender-vs-2.JPG
46fender-vs-3.JPG
46fender-vs-4.JPG
46fender-vs-5.JPG
46fender-vs-6.JPG

Back