When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 Arbos Corsa

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
This is one that will be waiting on me when I get home from deployment--1947 Arbos Corsa with Campagnolo Cambio Corsa drivetrain. I have to paint a panel on the seat tube along with the headtube and apply decals supplied by @Gus. I love these early Italian road bikes. V/r Shawn

Beautiful machine.
Stylish and purposeful
I'm currently looking at buying some CB Italia rims, they look really good on there.
Ditto to what @bulldog1935 commented re. the gear changer; a friend has a 'Vittoria Margherita' system on one of his old bicycles but I've never seen a "Cambio Corsa" system in actual use.
Look forward to hearing how it rolls.

Very very nice. I'm digging the Cambio Corsa RD - one of my grail features, regardless of the impracticability.

Beautiful! Great direction to explore in bike collecting. Those early Italian roadies are pure art.

-----

thanks very much for sharing this beauty! :D

lug pattern looks to bear a family resemblance to this Malaguti design. illustration from 1949 -

---

are you able to read marking in recess on side of stem?

not quite eno' pixels for me make it out in the photos.

thanks again. ;)

-----

-----

thanks very much for sharing this beauty! :D

lug pattern looks to bear a family resemblance to this Malaguti design. illustration from 1949 -

View attachment 1321876

---

are you able to read marking in recess on side of stem?

not quite eno' pixels for me make it out in the photos.

thanks again. ;)

-----
It will be next year before I get home and can see the bike. Once I have it assembled I’ll post better pics. V/r Shawn

Back