When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 CWC Comet clean up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DonChristie

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
This is a late 46/Early 47 CWC Comet in original paint. I got it from a lady who was selling it for the original owner. I drove 8 hrs to get it. He bought the bike new when he was 15, for his paper route in Chicago. It was his pride and joy! It looks like its all original. All I plan on doing is cleaning it up, grease it and make it roadworthy. And of course, ride it! So I thought on this resto I would log how I prefer to do it it through a post. Heres pics of how she looked when I got her.

CD6D1897-B038-46AC-B9F8-FBDCAB8742FF.jpeg

8B3D86DA-AD7B-4257-9626-88BADBA9D535.jpeg

FB354486-C3BC-4B6D-A391-474AD7E09ACF.jpeg

E2678653-8C4C-49CC-AF98-D5CBA71F1DFF.jpeg

EDA11536-2900-4E21-8C37-DF42E97D1583.jpeg

6BC22CB4-A817-4439-98DE-B40E51D87A55.jpeg

Awesome find and I bet the drive to and fro was smiles for miles! To me, the repaint shows just how much the bike was valued in the past. Seems like that is often overlooked with modern-day stuff!

Last edited:
I was talking with someone about that just yesterday....Sometimes when the repaints are old enough, they develop a patina and character of their own so I find that helps me make peace with that. In your case, by what red is showing, it doesnt look like they prepped it very well before the repaint so you may be able to remove the blue and have a semi-decent original paint foundation to blend and work with. Its always a gamble though...it could be solid under there or rough and patchy. My old Columbia paperboy special had 4 thick coats of paint but it took me a week and I had it back to the original black and even brought out the chain guard decals....

Back