When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 CWC Comet clean up

-
A little more suckcess cleaning painted parts. This is kind of like being stuck in hell, nice bike to work on but its a repaint!

75A20C30-0327-417F-9193-29435EC9A788.jpeg

A little more suckcess cleaning painted parts. This is kind of like being stuck in hell, nice bike to work on but its a repaint!

View attachment 1354548
Appreciate it for what it is. Can’t find classic usa bikes in Australia. The three i have i had to pay a heap to get them here and they were only frames. You guys have got it too good! Enjoy it mate, its a unique killer bike i would love to own .

I have seen ONE of these that was green from the factory- -all others were either black/white or, like my '46, the wine/white combo that yours appears to have been. In '47 there would have been a "dart" on the top bar emanating from the steerer and the detail on the fork blades would be thee lines with the middle one being longest. ---I would have bought that bike in a second; the paint doesn't bother me one bit

Thanks @Oilit Joel, its coming along pretty nicely! I am just leaving it but all cleaned up. I believe this repaint was done with a brush! Atleast the Blue. Look under the rack, you can see the original color and what appears to be brush strokes. If only bikes could talk!

4A7317C1-04A2-44DB-A9C8-508E0B2D6837.jpeg

820EFBC2-1E7C-4D96-8A47-26CDFE6ACE58.jpeg

5DA88947-D80A-41E9-B23B-FA05DF36B33B.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn nice brush job! Not to many can brush paint a bike in oil and make it look that nice. ;)

@DonChristie At Least It's Not Red! Glad to see you didn't strip it back. I like it & if it was a Good job assembled for a Decent price you can live with for the quality of the bike; jus' run a magnet over it & continue to make a cleaned up Rider/Roller.

Back