When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 CWC Comet clean up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A little more suckcess cleaning painted parts. This is kind of like being stuck in hell, nice bike to work on but its a repaint!

75A20C30-0327-417F-9193-29435EC9A788.jpeg

A little more suckcess cleaning painted parts. This is kind of like being stuck in hell, nice bike to work on but its a repaint!

View attachment 1354548
Appreciate it for what it is. Can’t find classic usa bikes in Australia. The three i have i had to pay a heap to get them here and they were only frames. You guys have got it too good! Enjoy it mate, its a unique killer bike i would love to own .

I have seen ONE of these that was green from the factory- -all others were either black/white or, like my '46, the wine/white combo that yours appears to have been. In '47 there would have been a "dart" on the top bar emanating from the steerer and the detail on the fork blades would be thee lines with the middle one being longest. ---I would have bought that bike in a second; the paint doesn't bother me one bit

Thanks @Oilit Joel, its coming along pretty nicely! I am just leaving it but all cleaned up. I believe this repaint was done with a brush! Atleast the Blue. Look under the rack, you can see the original color and what appears to be brush strokes. If only bikes could talk!

4A7317C1-04A2-44DB-A9C8-508E0B2D6837.jpeg

820EFBC2-1E7C-4D96-8A47-26CDFE6ACE58.jpeg

5DA88947-D80A-41E9-B23B-FA05DF36B33B.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn nice brush job! Not to many can brush paint a bike in oil and make it look that nice. ;)

@DonChristie At Least It's Not Red! Glad to see you didn't strip it back. I like it & if it was a Good job assembled for a Decent price you can live with for the quality of the bike; jus' run a magnet over it & continue to make a cleaned up Rider/Roller.

Back