When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 CWC Comet clean up

-
Keep in mind the original owner needed the headlight to deliver the morning papers. I remember what a chore that was, wrapping the papers with the rubber bands, riding the 'hood and tossing them out. Then the worst part, collecting the money from stingy people you'd busted your tail to serve.

Keep in mind the original owner needed the headlight to deliver the morning papers. I remember what a chore that was, wrapping the papers with the rubber bands, riding the 'hood and tossing them out. Then the worst part, collecting the money from stingy people you'd busted your tail to serve.
Do you think that's what the basket was for? I hadn't thought of that.

I bet thats what he filled in the basket! I did a paper route as a kid for a short while. What a pain that was rolling, rubber banding and filling your bags full. I remember the bags swaying while riding and the empty bags catching in your wheels. Oh, and the dead beat paper readers not wanting to pay monthly! Ugh! Good times! lol

Of course! There's a reason non-bike people still call generic 26" bikes "paper boy bikes." On Sundays you would do half the route and then have to come home for the second round of papers. That basket would have been overflowing.

Honestly, i think in this case the repaint gets a pass because it somewhat gives the bike its own character. Its almost like a finger print from the owner and part of its history.
Came out really awesome!

Amazing brush work indeed and the bars cleaned up incredibly. That is one head turner.

I bet thats what he filled in the basket! I did a paper route as a kid for a short while. What a pain that was rolling, rubber banding and filling your bags full. I remember the bags swaying while riding and the empty bags catching in your wheels. Oh, and the dead beat paper readers not wanting to pay monthly! Ugh! Good times! lol
Hey, you know I saw you and that bike at the Denton Antique Show. I saw you riding it, and that thing is awesome! When I came across this thread, I recognized the bike, it really is a head turner, probably one of the nicest bikes I saw there that day.

Back