When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 Hiawatha?

-

lribbler

On Training Wheels
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I am trying to find out if a vintage bike I have is worth anything. I believe it is a 1947 Hiawatha. Pictures attached. Anyone know anything about this bike?

Thanks!

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

It depends on what you plan to do with it. Generally girls bikes are worth less than boys bikes. If you are planning to keep it and ride it, it's worth more than anything new from Walmart in my opinion. If you're hoping to strike gold, there's not much money to make with it. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! I just really like how it looks and use it as decor. I'm moving and am considering lightening my load. Just curious if anyone knew what it might be worth to sell.

Early post war Murry built so the serial # on the bottom bracket should tell the yr. but as said it's a pretty common girls so put some tires on it, straighten the seat and enjoy.

Repaint looks fairly neatly done; Murray built bicycles like that for about 10 years.
The chain ring sprocket looks similar to the ones used on the pre-war Mercury bikes.

Back