When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 Monark Super Deluxe Fork and Fender Question.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, it does look like they could have been, and for some reason were modified.
I wonder if it’s possible that someone swapped out the twin springer fork for a rigid fork, modified these so the original fender could be used with a rigid fork?

if a rigid fork was installed it would curve forward to bolt to the axle, but if original fender was used, these parts would make sense to attach (bolt) braces to the axle because both braces use same hole..

here’s what my the original looks like on my 1951 Firestone Supercruiser.

3AE51FEE-1CC1-4583-B3D4-1E2A121B56E6.jpeg

18B5D6A6-4ADF-468E-A737-17AD153F930F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, it does look like they could have been, and for some reason were modified.
I wonder if it’s possible that someone swapped out the twin springer fork for a rigid fork, modified these so the original fender could be used with a rigid fork?

if a rigid fork was installed it would curve forward to bolt to the axle, but if original fender was used, these parts would make sense to attach (bolt) braces to the axle because both braces use same hole..

here’s what my the original looks like on my 1951 Firestone Supercruiser.

View attachment 1731846

View attachment 1731847
I think this is exactly what happened. When I purchased this Columbia, the fenders were removed. I had assumed the rigid fork was original since it had all grown crusty together...then when I got it home and tried to reinstall the front fender, it didn't fit, but clearly the fenders were from a Columbia...and from the same barn. Removal of the fork revealed different color paint from any color of the bike, so I knew that was the mismatch culprit, and why the guy said the fenders had been laying detached so many years.

I ended up making a similar set of extensions(from flat stock) to attach the front fender as you see here...until I found a replacement springer fork to fit the original offset fender braces intended for said Columbia spring fork. You can tell it wasn't 100% right, but it made the bike rideable.

Back