When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 Monark Super Deluxe Fork and Fender Question.

-

dave429

I live for the CABE
These pieces came on the end of the front fender support braces on a 47 monark fender. Not sure if they were for part of fender braces to add an extension or possibly part of the fork? I only had the fenders so did not see how they were attached. Can anyone tell me what they are and possibly have a picture how these hook up? Also if they are worth hanging on to? Thanks!

4A38C445-2D1E-496B-BD4C-D9B46D82F9B5.jpeg

@Freqman1 thats what I thought but the rockers I’ve found online seem to have dropouts built into them. Is there a different model fork that has dropouts at the fork ends instead?

@Freqman1 thats what I thought but the rockers I’ve found online seem to have dropouts built into them. Is there a different model fork that has dropouts at the fork ends instead?
Are you sure this haven't been altered. After looking at some I've had they have the dropouts built in but these look like they may have been altered?

@Freqman1 They very well could have been altered. I got a fender lot last year and these fenders were in there. These were at the end of the front braces. Going through some stuff and not sure if I should keep them or pitch em. Maybe the bolts are useable for somebody.

These pieces came on the end of the front fender support braces on a 47 monark fender. Not sure if they were for part of fender braces to add an extension or possibly part of the fork? I only had the fenders so did not see how they were attached. Can anyone tell me what they are and possibly have a picture how these hook up? Also if they are worth hanging on to? Thanks!

View attachment 1731645
Interesting. I owned a 47’ Super Deluxe and never seen anything like this on the front braces. Actually, I’ve never seen anything like this on any of the twin spring Monark/Firestones.

@Monarkman I wonder if they were just simply the rockers on the springer fork and for some reason someone modified them and cut off the dropout. The edges are not completely smooth. Maybe they were attached to the braces just so they wouldn’t get lost. These came in a huge pile of fenders I got last year so anything is possible. I wonder if the bolts are right for a monark springer fork?

1C543A0F-FD5A-49F0-97B8-E4D57157A479.jpeg

52BC9821-2146-4DA1-BAD1-D2393D466051.jpeg

Back