When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 20in girls schwinn

-

Mike Franco

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 1948 20in girls schwinn that i almost have fully restored for my little girl . I know schwinn comes with s 2 rims as everyone is telling me also . But this one came with These drop center new departures chrome hoops and a few others have came the same way.....my question is are these the right rims for this bike I was going to have them rechromed....

FB_IMG_1510416535339.jpg

FB_IMG_1510416525430.jpg

FB_IMG_1510416328672.jpg

20170624_160840.jpg

I've seen drop centers on 26" boys bikes thru 1948. If you decide to go with S2's I have a friend who needs 20" drop centers. Please keep me in mind to purchase your rims before they go to chrome.
Thanks!

I'm not sure what real help this is..I think there will be speculation on transition years. 48' schwinn started using the S2 wheel. It was the non-knurled. My 52' girls 20" has a factory new departure model D hub, so, I would personally believe your drop centers with model D hub are probably factory. In 48' I would imagine schwinn should be using up the drop center wheels they had and then switch to the new S2's. That's my opinion. Unfortunately I can't say 100% for certain.

Hello. I have a few NOS 20 inch and 24 inch painted S2 rims, if You decide to go the other way... Let me know---Cowboy

Back