When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Autocycle?

-
Would be nice to meet some people who just want to have some fun with these bikes. I started this hobby about 4-5 months ago as a way to occupy my time and stay sober. I really enjoy it although some folks on other forums or groups take it way to seriously and it’s an irritant. I will keep my eye out for more info on the when and where of that ride. Thanks again.

I think that a set of black wall tires will set the wheels off and look great against the orange too!
Now that it’s out there and I look at it you may be correct. It’s worth looking into and getting a set of tires and trying. Not like if I don’t like it I can’t use the tires. I have another set of s7 rims that I’m going to be overhauling sooo……

Now that it’s out there and I look at it you may be correct. It’s worth looking into and getting a set of tires and trying. Not like if I don’t like it I can’t use the tires. I have another set of s7 rims that I’m going to be overhauling sooo……
If it has the correct wheels on it they should be s2’s which doesn’t take a Schwinn specific tire

1948 was the first year of the s2’s. Before that they used drop center’s (like these). Not sure when the s7’s came along. Guessing late 50’s early 60’s on the middle weight bikes.

1C8C21BE-CF40-4B8B-9B1D-26224DDF981F.jpeg

1948 was the first year of the s2’s. Before that they used drop center’s (like these). Not sure when the s7’s came along. Guessing late 50’s early 60’s on the middle weight bikes.

View attachment 1773731
Ohhhh ok, so that’s what a drop center rim is. Kinda has the raised area where the spokes go. Got it. To the best of my limited knowledge I believe the wheels I have are correct for the model. Thanks for the education, appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me and not acting like I’m an idiot and being a know it all. I’m going to search for some black tires, I think you are right about that.

Back