When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 J.C. Higgins on CL in Merced, CA

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pondo

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don't know if this is a great deal or not but it looks like a decent bike:

Anyone know what would be a good price on one of these?

Maybe OK price for California, I don't know. I myself wouldn't pay more than $275. But that's just me. Light isn't original to the bike. I'd have to be pretty sure that I was in love with the bike to pay the asking price.

Edit: I would however, pay the asking price for this one:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Boris, that Flyer looks amazing and if it was on this coast I'd go check it out! There are some swaps coming up in the next several weekends and I'm going to go meet some people and see what kinds of bikes turn up. Thanks again!

I'd say judging by what I see (saw) at the car swap meets around here that would be the going price here in "middle" California. Merced is a bit out there from the cancer known as the San Francisco Bay area, so he may have a hard time with that price ... Merced would be an hour from me as the crow flies, but you can't fly a crow to Merced from here so it would be a good 2 hours one way by car.

I'd say judging by what I see (saw) at the car swap meets around here that would be the going price here in "middle" California. Merced is a bit out there from the cancer known as the San Francisco Bay area, so he may have a hard time with that price ... Merced would be an hour from me as the crow flies, but you can't fly a crow to Merced from here so it would be a good 2 hours one way by car.
I thought that might be the case. If he's still got it in a few weeks maybe it will come down a bit. Or maybe I'll go make an offer. Merced is about an hour from here and I get down that way once in a while. I know what you mean about the bay area. I grew up in Santa Clara. I've been a Sierra transplant for over 20 years; lots of us out here. Thanks for the advice!

Back