When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1948 JC Higgins

-

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
1948 JC Higgins.
This bike is complete (only missing lenses and brake actuator ring for rear hub) and original except for the tires and the seat was recovered. Has a working Batwing headlight (needs new lenses). Rear rack has brake light, switch is stuck with rust. Switch may free up if soaked in Evaporust. Rack has broken tab at seat and is missing lenses. The horn works. The bike came with the original paperwork that shows it was purchased in March 1948. Paperwork will be included with the bike.

I added a correct Higgins speedometer that needs a cable.

These pictures are from a few months ago. I'll add some current ones tomorrow in the snow. The bike has been parked since the pictures were taken.

There is a thread on this bike showing what it looked like when found and how it was refurbished.https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1948-jc-higgins.115108/

PAYMENT BY U.S. POSTAL MONEY ORDER
$ plus actual shipping.

IMG_20170820_120138.jpg
IMG_20170820_120208.jpg
IMG_20170820_115907.jpg
IMG_20170924_194847.jpg
image (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Bump.

I'll lower it to $ shipped. I am open to offers if someone has serious interest in it complete. And local pick up in SW Michigan will get a discount.

Here are some pictures taken today in the cold and snow. Not the best pictures as the snow washes out the color.
IMG_20180105_163144.jpg
IMG_20180105_163202.jpg
IMG_20180105_163126.jpg

Last edited:
Bump.
I'd like this one to sell whole. It's been completely rebuilt and regreased.

Price lowered to $ shipped.

Last edited:
Bump.

I'll reduce it to $ shipped.

I'd like to move this soon so I can buy more bikes this weekend. I'm also open to parting if I have enough interest in parts (beyond just the Batwing).

Last edited:
Bump.

How about $ shipped?

Hard to go any lower without just parting it out instead. If I sell it to cheaply someone else will part it, if that is gonna happen it might as well be me who does it.

This bike has been completely rebuilt and rides well. Has the original paperwork from March 1948. Not a bad 70 year old bike.

Last edited:

Bump.

How about $750 shipped?

Hard to go any lower without just parting it out instead. If I sell it to cheaply someone else will part it, if that is gonna happen it might as well be me who does it.

This bike has been completely rebuilt and rides well. Has the original paperwork from March 1948. Not a bad 70 year old bike.

I'd hate to see it parted out. That's a nice bike. Good price too. Must be the Christmas blues. Just bought a bike, so I'm out. Someone step up and buy it.
Ride on
Sean

Back