When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1948 Men's Monark-built Speigel Airman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Now $695 plus actual shipping
Zipcode

lgrinnings

I live for the CABE
While I love this bicycle, I need to start selling some of the outliers in my collection. To start, this Monark-built Speigal Airman appears to complete and original (down to the tires) with original paint (no touch-ups). The paint seems to have started life as a maroon color, but has mellowed to a terra-cotta brown that really pops with the contrasting cream. There are a couple spots of paint loss that you can see on the right side of the tank. I would imagine they'd be easy to touch-up if that's your thing, but I haven't messed with anything. In fact, this bicycle is exactly as I purchased it. I've made no attempt at rust removal where present on the rims. This bicycle will benefit greatly from a basic cleaning. The chrome is pretty nice throughout with some light peppering in places. The shock-absorbing double-spring cushion front fork assures a smooth, floating ride (as the old advertisements will tell you). This bike also features Monark's airline style pedal crank. The right arm appears to have been tweaked out a hair to improve the chainstay clearance. Tires will likely need to be replaced for any regular riding. The saddle is a nice bell cup Troxel with wear tabs and no rips. The early-style chrome top-load Delta headlight functions perfectly as does the tank-mounted horn unit (nice and loud... video of both available upon request). Obviously, the Super Deluxes command a pretty hefty price tag. Here's your opportunity to grab some iconic Monark style at a great price. $745 NOW $695 plus actual shipping cost in the US. Payment via PayPal family and friends is preferred.

Please review pictures closely and message me if interested or with questions.

-Lester

P.S. Check out my other listings by clicking here: https://thecabe.com/forum/index/sell-trade-bicycle-parts-accessories-ephemera.4/?starter_id=9157

Last edited:
Yes, basically a Monark Rocket, made for sale for Spiegel. Great bike, good price! I do question rear reflector though.
I have a 1948 ladies Monark-built Firestone Pilot with the same reflector. Prior to owning this Airman, I questioned the Firestone reflector, but where they both have them, it appears to be standard for 1947-48 non-Monark badged bicycles (Speigel, Firestone, etc.).

Back