When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Monark Super Deluxe help needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Juxtaposed Machines

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everyone!

I am in the assembly faze of my restoration on a 1948 Monark Super Deluxe and I need some help. If anyone has an unmolested original '48 I would love to see some pictures of certain areas. I took all of the original hardware and had it rechrome plated. Now I am getting to the point were I have a bunch of washers left and various screws. If there is anyway I could see some photos of the areas where all of the braces for the fender and rear carrier join together and bolt to the frame. I would also like to know about how the front fender is attached to the fork. Is there a washer between the fender and the fork? I assume there is one between the bolt and the bottom of the fender. Is it a slotted screw or a hex head bolt that holds it to the fork? I know that is a bunch of random and specific questions, but I just want to get it as close to correct as possible.

Thank you in advance for everybody's help.
Josh

Most of the original hardware was cad or zinc plated-not chrome. Probably most Monark SDs from '48-'52 will be about the same assembly wise. A ton of these bikes out there so you should be able to get some help. V/r Shawn

Most of the original hardware was cad or zinc plated-not chrome. Probably most Monark SDs from '48-'52 will be about the same assembly wise. A ton of these bikes out there so you should be able to get some help. V/r Shawn

I have went a little overboard to say the least. LOL!

Josh,
I have an original/untouched '48 SD. It has new grips and tires.
I hope these pics help.
-Jake

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg