When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 or 1950 Continental with Cycle Lock!

-
I saw that way back when you first posted it. It definitely looks like a traveler fender set. Also, it looks like the early 60s fender design and not 50s because they had a different design on the rear fender where they connect at the stays.

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 1.41.12 PM.png

I saw that way back when you first posted it. It definitely looks like a traveler fender set. Also, it looks like the early 60s fender design and not 50s because they had a different design on the rear fender where they connect at the stays.

View attachment 1081783

A detail I never noticed! Thank you. It's really turning into a Franken-bike the more it gets looked at, lol.

I really need to get back to working on this though. I had been working on a bunch of bikes that were easy to do and flipped them, so now as winter approaches...:p

A detail I never noticed! Thank you. It's really turning into a Franken-bike the more it gets looked at, lol.

I really need to get back to working on this though. I had been working on a bunch of bikes that were easy to do and flipped them, so now as winter approaches...:p
@HARPO, Somehow I missed this when you first posted it. Did you ever get any more done to this one?

@HARPO, Somehow I missed this when you first posted it. Did you ever get any more done to this one?

Sadly, no. Its been on the back burner as other bikes came in. I actually took the Brooks saddle off and put it on the Raleigh Super Course I Posted recently.

Right now, I'm working on cleaning up the MOULTON I bought. :p

Well, I've decided that I'm going to put the wheels and shifter from my New World onto the Continental...when I get around to it. I still haven't found time to work on the Continental, but I feel that they will be put to better use on it. The year pretty much works out also..

I also saw that Black was available...so that might be the color I go with!

IMG_0742.jpeg

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

IMG_0749.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi do you have extra parts for sale I need the calipers rear reflector and the butterfly pedals and freewheel hubs any pictures price thank you

So what was the serial number on that repainted Conti? One little detail that you never mention or show. 😉 Was it a K hand stamped number or a D machine stamped number?

Back