When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn All-American

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just picked this up yesterday. It's stamped with an H serial number under the crank that had it built 11/11/1948. Can't seem to find any info on this "All-American". Is it a type of New World or totally it's own thing? Any info on this bike would be greatly appreciated!!

20190521_194630 (1).jpg

20190521_194639.jpg

It does look pieced together. Modern wheels and hubs and basically everything else newer really. Maybe a 70's Schwinn fork??
Sorry! I was looking at a different serial number I wrote down! This one has E163277 under the crank housing.

I can't find anything on the "All-American" in the 1948 or 1950 catalog. Was this maybe a different model of continental or new world perhaps?

Here's a 1940 DX wearing a hat in ring All American badge.

1558666211975.png

1558666258224.png

I read the dope on these badges about 9-10 years ago but I can't remember the details. The hat in ring symbol was used on many things during the two world wars and Schwinn used that hat in ring seat post decal well into the 60's.

Back