When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn Project Journal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This bike has good potential. Rubber can be replaced if in poor shape. Fasteners/ nuts bolts are not chrome plated but cad plated so don't chrome plate those as doing so will mean chipping and cracking when installing/ servicing the bike. Front fender maybe beyond repair as is but wanted ad section may lead to a replacement in similar condition. Chrome parts that don't shine up can also be replaced with better condition parts if you are not going to completely restore the whole thing. Guess the question is how much money does the owner want to spend? Otherwise a good refurbish job maybe ok to retain it's originality

Rolling out the fenders once they're cleaned inside and out should be on the list. 👍
Yes. I was thinking about finding a custom motorcycle shop nearby that could roll them out. Have no concept of what that might cost. I suppose at that point if the paints too rough, I could repaint. That seems like a slippery slope

The owner said he received it in 48 but it has drop centers. Possibly 47 inventory at the place of purchase?
What's it the serial number? It should be under the crank tube
Been wondering this myself... btw, what are drop centers? Thanks

serialnumber.jpg

Also does the clamp bolt have raised letters?
And decal on this tube tended to be lower than 1948 too....this low position also was done on most 46's that I have owned/handled

Screenshot_20220523-213647~2.png

Back