When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn Project Journal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Need some advice for the head badge. What's the best way to preserve the faint colors in the head badge, but remove all that ancient, glazed grease? I want to gently massage the grease off, but I have no idea what kind of ink or paint is used as infill. Going to buy a tiny screwdriver tomorrow to free it from the head tube. Thanks for tips.

Headbadge.jpg

Last edited:
I would probably start out with WD-40 and a Q-tip and see how it goes. Then maybe change the Q-tip for a tooth brush if no harm to the color is noticeable.

I can't believe how pristine the inside of the coaster hub is. 75 years old. Greased up for re-insertion.

PXL_20220604_220259849.jpg

I received the horn assembly today. Are there any creative ways I should know about to gasket that hole so that the small horn button will work with the large hole tank? Apparently the large buttons are few and far between on eBay. My best alternate idea so far is to 3D print a little ring to kind of fill up the extra space, but I don't know - that doesnt seem like a very elegant solution. Open to suggestions.

PXL_20220605_010943673.jpg

Wondering If an EA horn button would be correct for this bike .. they are large diameter, or does this have to be the large diameter delta horn button..

I can't get this to light up. I could use some advice. I don't know if the switch i have is any good, or if the switch is needed for it to work. I connected it, the way it was connected to the original and no dice. The bulb could be bad, but i only have the one. Thanks for any input.

PXL_20220607_232139546.jpg

Back