When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn Project Journal

-
A lot of color went with the grease. I kind of like it subdued.

PXL_20220612_231154579.jpg

Man, that's a fantastic job. Well done! You're right, those new wheels really spruce it up. This is inspiration for me - thanks

I need to lean on the experience of you guys here. I lost the seat tube & chain guard decals during the steel wool, WD40, cleaner wax stages. I've got waterslide decals from bicyclebones. I feel like I need to strip those areas of wax before applying the decals. What can you tell me here?

PXL_20220625_194141176.jpg

PXL_20220625_194155254.jpg

Excellent job on painting the brake arm. 👍
Boy, looking at were the decal goes on the chain guard I'm wondering what I would do before installing a new decal. I discussed this with myself and we both decided on a paint removal or feather sanding, clean up and repaint that includes the raised section of the decal area. That would be the best thing to do if the rest of the guard is being left original IMO. I like using a Dremel with the small and large diameter sanding disks. Mask around the raised border area and reshoot some black. You need a nice smooth area for the decal, and the new paint on the raised border can be dulled down a touch after it's cured if needed.

That's a good suggestion. I have used quite a bit of oily, waxy stuff to get to this point. Sounds like I should try and strip that away so some new paint can adhere. Maybe some thinned enamel through an airbrush to spot touch that area? Thanks for the input

Back