When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn Tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PamR

On Training Wheels
I inherited this bike from my father. He purchased in 1948 while dating my Mom. Was stored in his garage loft for 70 years. I’m looking to sell this for a reasonable price, but just don’t want where to start to find its value. All original, not sure where to find serial number, or if that would help.

Y

wow! great bike. a little spit and polish and that bike would look brand new again. I have no idea on total value, but just the drum brakes and levers would bring over $500. the handlebar stem is another couple hundred.... not that you should sell the parts, but just giving my thoughts on what I think I know about it.

wow! great bike. a little spit and polish and that bike would look brand new again. I have no idea on total value, but just the drum brakes and levers would bring over $500. the handlebar stem is another couple hundred.... not that you should sell the parts, but just giving my thoughts on what I think I know about it.
Keep in mind things like this are often worth more in parts than they are complete, but by no means should you sell parts off of this survivor, or sell it to someone wanting to use it for parts. So even if the parts sold individually will bring more than you’ll get complete I strongly urge you to sell it whole. Just my 2 cents

Keep in mind things like this are often worth more in parts than they are complete, but by no means should you sell parts off of this survivor, or sell it to someone wanting to use it for parts. So even if the parts sold individually will bring more than you’ll get complete I strongly urge you to sell it whole. Just my 2 cents
Yes, I 100% want to sell it whole. Hoping to find someone in the New England area that has an interest . Thank you.

Fabulous bike, in what looks like outstanding condition.
Tandems are a tough sell, but to the right, next caretaker, I would think, that $1,500-$2,500 would be fair market value.
Meaning, $1,500 would get it sold pretty quick, and $2,500 might take awhile.
It just depends on how fast you want to get rid of it.
I wish I was on the east coast, I’d be on my way over to pick it up right now.
Unfortunately, I’m on the west coast, and that bike looks like it would be a beast to ship.
Good luck with the sale.
It’s a fabulous bike that deserves to be united with a loving new owner.

I was not even remotely suggesting parting the bike out. just pointing out the value of some of the parts so you know this is not a $200.00 bike.

here's what ebay shows in recently SOLD listings for Schwinn Tandems. none of these bikes are really comparable. your bike is worth much more.

here are the current ebay listings. there are a great many dreamers on ebay.

current complete tandems of all brands:

like @cyclingday said $1500 - $2500 would be a reasonable range. here in the SF Bay Area I would start at $3500.00 because we have a bazillion people here now and in 1948 we had a bunch of farmland so there are fewer old bikes to choose from.

I inherited this bike from my father. He purchased in 1948 while dating my Mom. Was stored in his garage loft for 70 years. I’m looking to sell this for a reasonable price, but just don’t want where to start to find its value. All original, not sure where to find serial number, or if that would help. View attachment 1712424
View attachment 1712426

The serial number is underneath the rear crank. The number might be between T000999 and T000300. Hard to date these models since they have their own specific serial numbers starting with T00 and there are no formal records.

Back