When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn Whizzer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

milkman42

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello, I have acquired this Schwinn Whizzer? I have no idea if it's hacked or original. I really need some help... I want to get it going and make it my beach cruiser. but I want to do it right. If anyone knows any thin on this bike please help!!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

photo 8.jpg

photo 9.jpg

photo 10.jpg

What's the serial number on the bike? Reason I ask is, it looks like a middleweight frame with an over crimped seat stay.

What's the serial number on the bike? Reason I ask is, it looks like a middleweight frame with an over crimped seat stay.
on this bike where would the serial number be on the frame? the seat feels not the age... I'm pretty sure it's newer.

on this bike where would the serial number be on the frame? the seat feels not the age... I'm pretty sure it's newer.
I'm guessing it would be on the left rear drop out above the axle nut. If not there then under the crank.

And it would have to be a B serial. 😞 If the number is on the left rear drop out, your B serial number was used in three different years. First was April 1952 then October 1953 and lastly February 1957. Your springer fork is a 1955 or later issue so I speculate the bike is a 1957 middleweight, but I could be wrong. Are the rims marked Schwinn Tubular S-2 or S-7, they look smooth faced with no knurling or stamping. Here's Tom Findley's method of checking the frame to see if it's a balloon or middleweight.

Last edited:
And it would have to be a B serial. 😞 If the number is on the left rear drop out, your B serial number was used in three different years. First was April 1952 then October 1953 and lastly February 1957. Your springer fork is a 1955 or later issue so I speculate the bike is a 1957 middleweight, but I could be wrong. Are the rims marked Schwinn Tubular S-2 or S-7, they look smooth faced with no knurling or stamping. Here's Tom Findley's method of checking the frame to see if it's a balloon or middleweight. View attachment 1432893
this is what I found. I probably did it wrong but I gave it a try. I wasn't sure if I had it in the wrong spot but it looks to be the wider of the 2.

hoto 11e.jpg

photo 12.jpg

That upper rear stay is dangerously thin. Its where the belt crimp is.. hate to say it but i think someone modify a schwinn frame for whizzer use..

That upper rear stay is dangerously thin. Its where the belt crimp is.. hate to say it but i think someone modify a schwinn frame for whizzer use..
you're right!...... I was kinda wary about that... but I got it next to nothing and was trying to figure out if anything was original.. but what do you think about the engine setup? I'm having a hard time figuring anything out on this thing... Also would Whizzer sell these as a kit or would they have assembled them in house completely custom?

Last edited:
Well it seems to be a Balloon frame and I thought it might be a middleweight and that was the reason for the over crimping of the seat stay. I tried to find a good picture of one with a shot of the stay from the rear but good luck with that.

Back