When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Schwinn Whizzer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe one of the bike guys could tell you if that can be fixed. I suspect a good fabricator could. The bike mfgrs that made frames for Whizzering did have modified frames and fenders for the belt. There are factory made frames that have the "dimpling" and there are crude mods like yours and I've even heard of a Schwinn "dimpling" tool but have not seen one. Frames can be hard to find. I found this NOS Paecmaker (Whizzer built bike) frame on craigslist and it's in the design stage.

Skeezer

View attachment 1433321

View attachment 1433322
Hello Skeezer, I have been working on the Whizzer and got it running and riding! I still need to do the tank, but I was wondering if the throttle Has a spring return? At the moment it stays where I move it to.

Hello Skeezer, I have been working on the Whizzer and got it running and riding! I still need to do the tank, but I was wondering if the throttle Has a spring return? At the moment it stays where I move it to.
I've seen some bikes with a spring installed down by the carb throttle plate to close the throttle. There are some extra holes in the flat throttle plate. No return spring on the stock carb.

Skeezer

Last edited:
I've seen some bikes with a spring installed down by the carb throttle plate to close the throttle. There are some extra holes in the flat throttle plate. No return spring on the stock carb.

Skeezer
Thank you so much for all the information you provided! I've been running into an issues where I would go and crank and the belt that drives the wheel slips over the tensioner. That belt is a Bando AX-62. Im going to replace that one. But the drive belt from the engine is an original Whizzer belt. Part number A-3025. Then there was another number Z-11192. I'm probably going to replace that one as well but I'm unaware of the size Whizzer belt. I don't want to damage the original part more than age has. Thanks for all help!

20210623_121041.jpg

This is from Quenton Guenther

"The "vintage" Whizzers used an AX26 for the front. AX belts are marked differently and the numbers aren't the length, in fact they are 2" longer than the number indicates, therefore the AX 27 is 29" long same as a 4L290 from NAPA. NAPA even carries notched belts in odd sizes that start with numbers like XL 25 92XX, an example is XL 25 9265 [31/64" X 26 7/8"]."

BTW, I would NOT use the Whizzer belt. I don't know how rare they are.

Skeezer

This is from Quenton Guenther

"The "vintage" Whizzers used an AX26 for the front. AX belts are marked differently and the numbers aren't the length, in fact they are 2" longer than the number indicates, therefore the AX 27 is 29" long same as a 4L290 from NAPA. NAPA even carries notched belts in odd sizes that start with numbers like XL 25 92XX, an example is XL 25 9265 [31/64" X 26 7/8"]."

BTW, I would NOT use the Whizzer belt. I don't know how rare they are.

Skeezer
Thanks again for the info! Just bought 2 belts, an AX-26 for the front and an AX-62 for the rear to match the rear one I already Have. Unfortunately, my local stores didn't sell any of the belts I needed so I had to order online... The worst part of projects is the wait for parts!!...😑

Back