When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Straightbar BA107 Questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ballooney

I live for the CABE
I've accumulated nearly all the pieces I need for a restoration and have a few questions. Did the straightbar autocycle have a 6 hole rack or a 9 hole? Would both be correct with one being more common than the other? Same for the chainring, would a skip tooth sweetheart chainring be correct opposed to the typical autocycle chainring?

In looking at page 147 of the evolution book, there is a '49 straightbar with a skip tooth sweetheart chainring and what looks like a 9 hole rack. Would that bike have been a restored original or pieced together?

Maybe I don't have a grasp on the term 'autocycle'...anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Most autocycles are B-model bikes. Therefore they would have a 6 hole rack. Technically they should have the phantom style chain ring but could have both. If you are restoring it I would use the deluxe chain ring.

Back