When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Straightbar frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
S

Schweirdo

I have a 1948 straightbar frame with locking tab. I plan on using springer forks and not truss forks. I was wondering which Schwinn models used this frame that year? Also what is the correct headbadge? I have seen a picture of a '48 Autocycle straightbar but thought that the autocycle was a cantilever frame by that year. I am not an expert and would like info from somebody more knowledgeable than myself. Thanks.

i think the cycleplane was a 48 model,but springer would have been optional.the few i've seen had truss forks.but they did offer it with springer and forebrake.i've had a few 48 bikes and all had the planes and trains badge.

strate bar

my hornet with an E prefix is undwe the ace badge you can have a panther ,hornet,wasp or spitfire with a strate bar with quite a few badges the small shield that fit mt hornet is og blue with tank no truss

Thanks for the info fellas. I figured it would be a cycleplane. Every '48 I have seen has had the planes and trains badge also. Did the Cycleplane have the big Phantom/Hornet chainguard or the smaller feather guard like on a DX?

I dont have a forebrake or an extra feather guard. I think I will use the Phantom/Hornet guard. If you come across either item at a reasonable price let me know. Thanks.

Back