When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1948 Whizzer Pacemaker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

locomotion

Cruisin' on my 1897 Comet
I have decided to fully restore my 1948 Whizzer Pacemaker, everything is original, but it has an old burgundy paintjob. Original Whizzer loop built frame.
Anyone have the original paint scheme and exact color color code (burgundy/maroon)?
Engine is done, just needs a nice paint job!!!

tks

Post a photo dude. IF that is original paint I would avoid repainting it unless the paint is toast. Most collectors avoid repainted bikes. New paint can hides epoxy, crappy welds, bondo, plaster, and what ever else they had handy. It can be dangerous to buy a repainted bike. I know of one individual whose bike broke in half. It was fully restored. He paid retail for a Frankenstein bike. They covered up the cracks with bondo.

Thanks for the heads-up dude, just need the paint codes and paint schemes as I am restoring the Whizzer for myself ..... not resale, but still want to do it properly.

Last edited:
I have an original paint '48. I've touched it up using color codes referenced in the late Bob Baker's newsletter. The '48 is a darker maroon then following years and has NO pinstripes. 1979 Ford Maroon 2J is a good match.

W07.jpg

ford_1979__ppg_c_01.jpg

I have decided to fully restore my 1948 Whizzer Pacemaker, everything is original, but it has an old burgundy paintjob. Original Whizzer loop built frame.
Anyone have the original paint scheme and exact color color code (burgundy/maroon)?
Engine is done, just needs a nice paint job!!!

tks
A maroon is made in powder coat material that is an exact match to the lighter maroon.

Back