When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Black Phantom??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kevgallo

On Training Wheels
We inherited this bike from my Father-in-law in 2012 in was bought for $4000 have receipts and a paper that came with it that shows where the serial number Iines up ??? It's in great shape we are just trying to see what we got and felt this was the best way to go about it not many places in our area that deal with them.. your knowledge is greatly appreciated..

Has a manufacture date of Oct 28th 1948.. F302690 is the serial number..
Resized_20220325_123700.jpeg
Resized_20220325_123632.jpeg
Resized_20220325_123642.jpeg

Resized_20220325_123632.jpeg

Resized_20220325_123651.jpeg

Welcome to the Cabe, was that bike restored? I only ask because it looks to good to be 74 years old. I'm no expert but I think they reproduced these in the 90s. I see no staining around the seat rivets, no scratches, no yellowing of the white walls, no drying on the seat, everything looks to crisp & clean. Others with alot more knowledge than me will chime in. In any case it's a nice bike.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Cabe. Very nice Black Phantom with a decent amateur restoration.

The dates associated with the serial numbers are not production dates or any kind of build date. The serial numbers were stamped on the bikes component on that date and then later used to build a frame. The actual build/production date is a total unknown. I came up with the stamping date of 10-29-1949. I'd dust that off, service the crank, hubs and then ride it. 👍

Looks like a decent bike. Without being inspected by someone who knows about these bikes, it is real difficult deciding what is original and what is 1995 parts. In any case though, the bike has value probably between $1000 and $2000 depending upon the age and condition of the various parts. The restoration, as mentioned above, is lacking.

Welcome to the Cabe, was that bike restored? I only ask because it looks to good to be 74 years old. I'm no expert but I think they reproduced these in the 90s. I see no staining around the seat rivets, no scratches, no yellowing of the white walls, no drying on the seat, everything looks to crisp & clean. Others with alot more knowledge than me will chime in. In any case it's a nice bike.

We inherited this bike from my Father-in-law in 2012 in was bought for $4000 have receipts and a paper that came with it that shows where the serial number Iines up ??? It's in great shape we are just trying to see what we got and felt this was the best way to go about it not many places in our area that deal with them.. your knowledge is greatly appreciated..

View attachment 1602149View attachment 1602151View attachment 1602152

View attachment 1602153

View attachment 1602154
Looks like a decent bike. Without being inspected by someone who knows about these bikes, it is real difficult deciding what is original and what is 1995 parts. In any case though, the bike has value probably between $1000 and $2000 depending upon the age and condition of the various parts. The restoration, as mentioned above, is lacking.

View attachment 1602149View attachment 1602151View attachment 1602152

View attachment 1602153

View attachment 1602154
I want to thank EVERYONE for such quick response incredible and such great knowledge and truthful thsts what we where looking for .. she is a beauty for sure .. thanks and we appreciate the welcomes.

Definitely a 'funky' restoration...reproduction fenders, tank, pedals, most likely carrier and taillight...paint
layout quite a bit Missing the mark...It's unfortunate that, in my opinion, a huge sum was way overpaid for
the bike...maybe a 1000 dollar range machine by what I'm looking at here.
There are plenty of unscrupulous sellers who misrepresent stuff in this hobby sadly...
Enjoy the bike as a 'rider'... it is 'what it is'.

Back