When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Huffman (Western Flyer) Deluxification.

-
I've moved ahead a little with this project and was curious if anyone had a photo of the screw and position where the chain guard should mount. The bike I started with is a bare bones standard Huffman model I believe. I don't know if it even had a chainguard, but there isn't a hole for the particular guard I'm attempting to mount. After this is done, I just have to lace up some wheels and RIDE! I guess I have to rebuild the rear hub too, but that should be easy.

14074460745_c682b1f5ef_b-1.jpg
by VW Sightings, on Flickr

13887847157_98b987338f_b-1.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

I had initially considered painting the frame and tank to match the paint scheme and then put a dayton badge on the bike, but it still has an H stamped underneath. Thinking I'll just stick with the Western Flyer badge instead.

13266740455_27dfe9aa21_b-1.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

THANKS! Very helpful. I figured I had the position about right. I think I might even have a bolt that looks like that in the bin.

Back