When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Huffman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
People think I'm crazy (and I'm not denying it) but recently I'm going through a phase. I'm letting go of some of the bigger, more expensive bikes and going for more interesting, but less prestigious bikes.
one of the recent bikes I just picked up from fellow CABEr Brian aka Krautwaggen is a 1949 Western Flyer badged Huffman. at first people were asking me What on earth do you want that for??? but I like the lines, the quality was still good in the early postwar years, and most importantly I've had this Huffman badge that I can't use on a prewar bike but is too cool not to use.
so the Western Flyer is getting re-badged as a Thunderbolt!

here's the bike:

attachment.jpg

here's the badge:

P8291426_zps6860c887-1.jpg

and here's the real thing:

P47_does_night_gunnery_small_zps6bf4b02b-1.jpg

Don't think your crazy Scott

You're allowing yourself to look more at the whole spectrum. I've been able to collect and find the lesser ( desirable) bikes than you now accept. And I always admired and envyed you, nick and Shawn for having the super high dollar collectables and still do. It's all good when it comes to enjoying old bicycles of all kinds and types from a base model spitfire to a fully accessorized super streamline. Rob.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
Post war huffmans

I agree these postwar huffmans are still quality great riding bikes.somewhat hard to find but at a reasonable price.the first is a 48 national that is a family bike
image.jpg
the second is a 51 I bought for the springer and headlight set-up but cleaned it up and it's staying together
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
the springer is like glass great bikes can't wait to see what Scott is going to make with that badge set up

I agree about the quality of many early post war bikes. Personally, I'm a fan of the workhorse bikes of the late 30's to the late 40's. Not a real fan of the overly designed models from this period, but I sure don't mind a tank and rack either. I like this new direction that you're taking*.

*I know that you just absolutely live for my approval.

Last edited:
Back