When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Huffman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nicely done Scott!!! New badge looks great on the bike! Can't wait to see the rest.

Does anyone have a decent technique for closing up head tubes for loose fitting bearing cups?

rode it maybe 20 miles yesterday, I think it's going to work out well. still a few planned changes, but I like the idea of a work in progress.

P8311453sm_zps9407242f-1.jpg

Very nice!

rode it maybe 20 miles yesterday, I think it's going to work out well. still a few planned changes, but I like the idea of a work in progress.

P8311453sm_zps9407242f-1.jpg

Awesome ride, I remember seeing this one in the for sale section. I wanted to pick it up but didn't have the funds. Looks good man.

I've decided to make this into a complete fantasy theme bike.
here's the idea:
it's 1949 and you're 10-14 years old. you've spent your whole life in wartime and are as patriotic as any American boy of the time. for Christmas you get this Huffman made Thunderbolt bicycle. the P-47 Thunderbolt is one of your favorite planes of WWII, so you decide to dress the bike up a bit.

so I went shopping on ebay a bit, and here's what I found:

1 vintage cereal box P-47 plane spotter card

KGrHqJHJBwFGFW2YRBR1bFpP1w60_57sm_zps131-1.jpg

1 sheet of vintage looking nose art and Japanese kill flag decals

T2eC16NyEE9s5jEq4BRVWwjgdng60_57sm_zps9a-1.jpg

2 P-47 Thunderbolt Pilots association patches

_57sm_zps559dac16-1.jpg

and from a post in the military bike section,
2 military looking bags to be made into saddle bags (I'll sew the patches to these)

il_570xN384264732_gx39-1.jpg

a new decision to make. do I overcome my aversion to drilling new holes in old paint, or do I add this cool old light for night riding safety?

IMG_0055_zpscd4fbc23-1.jpg

How often are you going to ride it at night ... ???

a new decision to make. do I overcome my aversion to drilling new holes in old paint, or do I add this cool old light for night riding safety?

IMG_0055_zpscd4fbc23-1.jpg

I am not sure I would drill it ... it's tough when it has not been drilled to actually be the one to drill it first ... but as you stated it's a fantasy bike - so make it yours ... have fun with it & keep us posted here - Ride Vintage - Frank

I am not sure I would drill it ... it's tough when it has not been drilled to actually be the one to drill it first ... but as you stated it's a fantasy bike - so make it yours ... have fun with it & keep us posted here - Ride Vintage - Frank

The whole bike is original paint, but the fenders are not original to the bike. I think if someone's gonna drill it...Scott should be the guy!

Back