When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 New World with Stainless S-6 Rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@HARPO The hub date helps place the bike in 1949. That's going to push the E4XXXX serials into 1949. It's not an exact science for sure and the 5 vs 6 digit serials adds to the confusion. Maybe something like this will work...

1586442254384.png

Got to add @HUFFMANBILL 's two additions to the list too...

One more picture. This bike doesn't have the "Seamless Steel Tubing" decal that the earlier New Worlds did, but it does have this dealer decal on the the rear fender. Unfortunately there's no street address and I haven't found anything on the internet.

IMG_3024.JPG

So on your frame, everything is "Electroforged" except the chain stays? You're making good progress! I've gotten sidetracked on a different project, but I like how yours is going!

Still to early for a full on EF frame. The seat post was the only tubing EF to the BB shell. The seat stays were still welded to the seat post too.

Still to early for a full on EF frame. The seat post was the only tubing EF to the BB shell. The seat stays were still welded to the seat post too.
I've read some of your other posts on the subject. Interesting how the process developed over time!

So on your frame, everything is "Electroforged" except the chain stays? You're making good progress! I've gotten sidetracked on a different project, but I like how yours is going!

I would have been along even further, but I also was sidetracked on another bike. I was doing tons of touch-up on that celeste 980 Bianchi (see my Post).

Back