When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Packard that I just couldn’t say no to. Tell me all that you know please cabe exports

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Before your next purchase I study catalogs and get an idea of what you want and what right looks like. This will save you a bunch of money down the road. V/r Shawn

Before your next purchase I study catalogs and get an idea of what you want and what right looks like. This will save you a bunch of money down the road. V/r Shawn

Thank you. That’s great advice. I was looking through the Jan 1949 product catalog that someone shared on Flickr to see what I could learn. I didn’t see the chain guard on my bike in the catalog. So I’m starting to pick it apart and maybe get from pond scum level of knowledge to rookie. By the way, I followed Shawn’s link yesterday and saw some of your collection. It’s amazing. I can’t believe it. Thanks for sharing those - folks would never even get a chance to see that kind of coolness without you sharing it out.

I was dreaming really big when I saw your 1941 Mercury Pacemaker. That bike is sweetness.
16478-480fd48f6a4b082197dfefaf3c962515.jpg

Would you be able to tell me if the frame of my bike is a Hollywood? Everyone who looked at my photos may be able to tell and might even assume I should be able to tell but I still don’t want to just leap there. Thanks Again.

Chain guard is aftermarket. Wald, perhaps? It looks good on there.

No, you don't have a bike that's original by any means. But look at what you do have: A 1949 Schwinn built bike with a very cool headbage. A nice looking set of S2 wheels with ND hub (works great, IMO). Skip tooth drive (they aren't making any more of those). Vintage pedals with blocks that look to be in good condition. And it's a complete rider. I wouldn't try to put this one right. My Corvette is a lot closer to correct than this, and I know it's just plain not worth it. Enjoy it for what it is, and get some knowledge. And welcome, from another recent newbie.

Back