When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1949 Shelby Flyer- Lady's Tank Bike

-

Risk Man

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have had some time to look the bike over the past two days since picking it 125 miles away on Wednesday. For an original bike, with some great features, the draw back for me is the fact that both wheels need rebuilding with 3-4 broken spokes on the front and the rear. So, I think I need to determine if there is interest in the bike as is, or should I part it out? I have no idea what the value is as it sits. I Have some idea from searching what some of the components are worth.

Suggestions?

Note that both the front light and the horn have the original Ever Ready "9 Lives" D cell batteries on board and the ones from the horn still have .9 volts of power left in them while dated as "1952".

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3569.JPG

IMG_3568.JPG

IMG_3562 (1).JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

IMG_3559 (1).JPG

IMG_3557 (1).JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

She is original and beautiful! I would not sweat a few missing spokes. Its not like your going to be jumping her. Clean, grease and ride!

Throw it up on DOND and see what kind of offers it brings.
I am going to remove the front wheel today and take a look at the rims.....but I think that is what I will do. With two Whizzer projects mid-stream, I don't think I will have time in the next 6 months to do any work on this bike and hate to let it sit for another year. Thanks for the feedback.

Back