When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950’s Schwinn Bike - Untouched Original

-
When you're starting out, it's good to ask first and hear advice rather than just rush into buying and regret. The bike you have in the picture is missing at least the front fender, truss rods, and chain guard. It may be missing more, but the big missing items alone should put the red flag up that this is a project bike in fair-to-rough condition. You absolutely could clean and complete this bike, but it will take you time to find the parts and money to buy them a la carte. I would suggest if you are relatively new to start with a more complete bike, perhaps in a little better condition. You may pay more, but that's OK. One of the hardest lessons is that for most old bikes, it's actually cheaper in the long run to buy a little better project and pay more up front, than to spend time and even more money piecing something together. It's actually more time-consuming and more expensive in the end to start with a very incomplete bike and build-up than it is to just pay up front for the better starting point.
Thanks. I do appreciate the advise! I am going to pass on this, the price is way to much for me. We have a couple bikes we are working on now, a 1936 Elgin rusty clunker, a 1964 Spaceliner we are reassembling now and a heavily painted Monark waiting for our attention. I wonder how many projects are too many?

Thanks. I do appreciate the advise! I am going to pass on this, the price is way to much for me. We have a couple bikes we are working on now, a 1936 Elgin rusty clunker, a 1964 Spaceliner we are reassembling now and a heavily painted Monark waiting for our attention. I wonder how many projects are too many?
Too many is never enough... RideOn... Razin..

Back