When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950’s Yoder squeeze bulb horn for my son’s b day.

-

Dogtown

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hope everyone at this is well,

Looking for a working 1950’s Yoder squeeze bulb horn with bracket for my 10 years old son’s 24” 1954 WASP. He is almost done rebuilding it and his b day is coming up.

Thank you all in advance and picture attached for reference.

Jerry

Hey there, there are several different types;
Working well seems to be the hardest to find.
1620866879211.png

I honk mine 'till they quit honking.
Model 475 is the 1st type I ever saw or had,
so it is mounted on 1936 Electric.
Honk-Honk-Honk (Like a Goose).
1620867136981.png

Look closely at the bulb for cracks; they don't work if they're cracked.
Good luck with your search; timing is key.

Last edited:
Hey there, there are several different types;
Working well seems to be the hardest to find.
View attachment 1410536
I honk mine 'till they quit honking.
Model 450 is the 1st type I ever saw or had,
so it is mounted on 1936 Electric.
Honk-Honk-Honk (Like a Goose).
View attachment 1410537
Look closely at the bulb for cracks; they don't work if they're cracked.
Good luck with your search; timing is key.
Thank you very much, I figured one would have popped up by now but no luck. Do you know if the modern bulbs fit the old horns. Maybe a stupid question but would rather ask.

Thank you very much, I figured one would have popped up by now but no luck. Do you know if the modern bulbs fit the old horns. Maybe a stupid question but would rather ask.
I don't know; haven't tried.
I'm saving the old "Used up" horns, hoping to figure a way to get them working again.
The rubber is crimped to the ring that holds it somehow;
it's beyond my skill, interest, and attention level.:blush:
My personal favorites are model 485 "Dual Tone".
Quality manufacturing and practice make it play like a musical instrument.:hearteyes:

Last edited:
Jerry... I’ll be going thru my totes getting ready for the Springfield (MO.)Swap Meet this weekend. I did have a couple of Yoders but can’t remember if they sold or not.If I find one I’ll let you know

Sorry Jerry... I must have sold them but I will look at the swap meet this weekend for you...Pappy

image.jpg
image.jpg

I found this Yoder 9” in the bottom of one of my totes. Bulb lightly cracked at the base but “honks” good...should shine up nicely

Back