When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950’s German-raced track bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow, I didnt realize you kept digging on this one but obviously you may have dug up some info thats pretty compelling! The bike you posted above is the first one ive seen that has the split lugs like mine and the same exact sticker as mine in regards to the 808 Tubes. Makes me wonder if there is any way to tie down exactly what era this frame set is from.....ive been told by a few museum folks its possibly 50’s but we really dont know seeing as there is no date and no components to narrow things down at all.

-----

This cycle is of unknown marque yet clearly a Stirling product. It is constructed of the 808 tubeset and wears the proprietary Stirling lug pattern with the two prongs. Crown appears to have been created by modifying a Vagner model PL+.

Stirling lug and crown illustration ca. 1950 -

Stirling advert ca. 1950 -

-----

Last edited:
-----

Stirling is associated with the marque Oreol.

Do not as yet know if this name is owned by them or if it represents contract work.

Either way there are Oreol badged cycles built by Stirling.

---

"Le Super" bicycle constructed of 808 tubing and made with the customized Stirling lugs and crown. Dated by its owner as "early 1950's."

in this image we can see part of the 808 transfer -

this view provides a look at the distinctive Stirling lugs & crown as well as the machine's head emblem -

following completed restoration -

-----

Back