When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1950 20 inch boy Schwinn project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Tino

Finally riding a big boys bike
Sold 20 “ boy Schwinn project. Bicycle needs restored, based on the frame # it appears to be a 1950 model. It has a model D hub and skip tooth chain and sprockets. Please let me know if you have questions. $250 shipped within the conus. PayPal accepted. Thanks Tino

C5830BFE-6ACC-4AAA-A152-3770F56863D2.jpeg

4C01B2E6-5053-4E2C-9BBE-30961D36FBF9.jpeg

132D503A-BD36-45E0-AD3D-37A174FC1334.jpeg

B8433BFA-2DDC-45CA-BD2E-814B41CEC623.jpeg

2BA4A706-4BF2-4155-B050-14F3996BFC42.jpeg

1CB46518-150D-44BF-8C6B-8171D2970519.jpeg

Last edited:
Does this have the weld on stand or bolt on type? Are the wheels S2?
The frame has a welded stand, barely visible in photo #3 (my #1) and more so in #1.
Rear tire in photo #1 (my #2) has a Kenda 20x1.75 tire so I would assume S-2 wheels
The fork definitely looks S-2 though.
Hpoe this helps until you hear from the source.
Rob

Screenshot_20220505-083157_Samsung Internet.jpg

The frame has a welded stand, barely visible in photo #3 (my #1) and more so in #1.
Rear tire in photo #1 (my #2) has a Kenda 20x1.75 tire so I would assume S-2 wheels
The fork definitely looks S-2 though.
Hpoe this helps until you hear from the source.
RobView attachment 1619938

View attachment 1619939
After looking closer at Photo #1 I was able to make out the size on the front tire as 20x1.75, so both wheels should be S-2 since as you know S-7 tires are marked fractional (20x1-3/4) as an example for others reading this that may not know.
Hope this helps you to buy it. I would if I could but too many as it is and not enough time or money to do them (althougth that has never stopped me before).
Rob

Yes the stand is welded on, I couldn’t find any markings on the rim.
I was not sure if they were marked back then.

The Kenda tire should have the European (ISO) sizing number next to the 20x1.75 number probably in parenthesis. That will tell for sure, but 20x1.75 has always fit the S-2 rim.

If you can find the numbers next to the standard size markings and snap a photo of that I will look it up and tell you for certain.

If there is no number, measure the diameter of either rim (straight across the circle at the widest point) or even the radius (from the axle center to the outer edge and I can tell you from those as well.

I can say that if I were able to buy this bike, wanting a 20" balloon tire bike the evidence that they are S-2 wheels would be good enough at rhis point to buy it.

I almost wish I could, but I am not able to this month since my Toro Z Master took a dump on my lawn and I am north of $300 putting it back together. I do some mowing for my neighborhood to suppliment the family table, which are code words for OBD (Obsessive Bicycle Disorder) so the mower has to come first.

Every time my wallet gets a monetary distortion something around the house feels neglected and breaks just so I cannot buy another bike part I do not need (but want badly).

Or am I just Paranoid?

Hope this sells soon before I have to sell the pitiful remains of my soul to buy it myself.

Rob

Last edited:
For the tech gurus here, my method of measuring the rim in the last post I made would not give an accurate ISO sizing. It was meant to simplify the measurement for me to check against my 20" rims to post the correct rim size here.

The correct method, which is measuring from bead seat to bead seat cannot easily be done by the average person and is much harder with the tire on the rim and mounted to the bike.

You could also measure from the bottom of the bead on the tire to the bottom of the bead across the wide point but that requires the tire to be off the rim as well.

Below are the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) tire sizes for the common 20" tires.

(Who came up with ISO as an acronym
for The International Organization for Standardization cannot spell an acronym very well but that is most likely a European situation.)

Be happy to help with anything I can on this subject.

406; Standard S-× rim ISO marking
419; Standard S-7 rim ISO marking
451; Standard S-5/S-6 rim ISO marking

No problem man, thats why I am here. Sure it's all fun and games until someone blows a tire, but thats when it's time to get out the patch kit and help fix it.
Hope my luck holds out on the mower. So far this should be the last problem. It was running last year when I changed the engine so it should've been running now but after finishing it up it still wasnt happy with how much attention I paid it.
Thanks, Rob

Back