1950 Hawthorne Triple Bar

This ad disappears when logged in

bobbystillz

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 5, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Rebuilt the rear hub just in time for St. Patrick's Day! Third bar's a charm...
1950 M/W Hawthorne Triple bar aka 3 bar. These were made from 1950-52 and badged Hawthorne as well as Monark. So far we (the general bike community and 3 bar owners) know of 9, possibly 10 men's triple bars (2 might be the same bike, different owners-can't confirm). One of the ten was stolen in Denver, CO and its whereabout is unknown at this time.

20190316_005338.jpg

20190316_005557.jpg

20190316_005711.jpg

20190316_005630.jpg

Last edited:

bobbystillz

Nov 5, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Swapped out the Hawthorne guard (not original to this bike) for a Colson 'Turkey leg'. I think it was red originally, then repainted with a smooth topcoat of green house paint that damn near matches the Snyder green paint perfectly. The broad face really fills the void on this large frame.
20190505_192055-01.jpeg

20190505_192119-01.jpeg

Last edited:

CURTIS L LINDGREN

Dec 19, 2017
Bothell, WA, United States
Swapped out the Hawthorne guard (not original to this bike) for a Colson 'Turkey leg'.
This bike looks WAAAAY better with the Colson Chain Guard on it. The red guard was "Not quite up to snuff" with the rest of the bike. You must be so proud to own such a rare bike..............and believe me ...................MOST will not qualify to be called rare. I had a Colson with the same guard................I never liked it much . Nor had I ever really cared for it on the majority of bikes I've ever even seen them on. But............... It REALLY transformed the look of your triple bar . Well Done ! ;)

bobbystillz

Nov 5, 2018
Atlanta, GA
This bike looks WAAAAY better with the Colson Chain Guard on it. The red guard was "Not quite up to snuff" with the rest of the bike. You must be so proud to own such a rare bike..............and believe me ...................MOST will not qualify to be called rare. I had a Colson with the same guard................I never liked it much . Nor had I ever really cared for it on the majority of bikes I've ever even seen them on. But............... It REALLY transformed the look of your triple bar . Well Done ! ;)
A buddy of mine put a turkey leg on a Schwinn DX and it came out amazing, so I pulled the inspiration from him, and it came out beautifully.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture