When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Hawthorne Triple Bar

-
Swapped out the Hawthorne guard (not original to this bike) for a Colson 'Turkey leg'.

This bike looks WAAAAY better with the Colson Chain Guard on it. The red guard was "Not quite up to snuff" with the rest of the bike. You must be so proud to own such a rare bike..............and believe me ...................MOST will not qualify to be called rare. I had a Colson with the same guard................I never liked it much . Nor had I ever really cared for it on the majority of bikes I've ever even seen them on. But............... It REALLY transformed the look of your triple bar . Well Done ! ;)

This bike looks WAAAAY better with the Colson Chain Guard on it. The red guard was "Not quite up to snuff" with the rest of the bike. You must be so proud to own such a rare bike..............and believe me ...................MOST will not qualify to be called rare. I had a Colson with the same guard................I never liked it much . Nor had I ever really cared for it on the majority of bikes I've ever even seen them on. But............... It REALLY transformed the look of your triple bar . Well Done ! ;)
A buddy of mine put a turkey leg on a Schwinn DX and it came out amazing, so I pulled the inspiration from him, and it came out beautifully.

There is a triple bar on ebay currently, how many parts are right on it? Is the headlight a correct Snyder? Listed as rare 1950 Hawthorne triple bar.

The one on ebay seems to be deluxe and correct. Mine originally had a 3 speed, and front drum brake according to the person I bought it from. The headlight is very rare (lense usually missing as well). The chainguard on the ebay one is the main part I'd like to find for mine. Snyder green...rare color too.

@donsof if you are considering the purchase, I would do it. I won't let mine go for less than they have theirs listed, and mine isn't complete. There are only 10 triple bars floating around that we know of.

Just looked at the bike on Ebay. He Has The Original Front wheel ( With Brake ) on a separate auction . If you bought the bike AND the front wheel set up it comes to $820.00 Shipped. Why do you suppose he 's selling these separate ? And he states it may have had a rack .........His Does not...............Does this hurt the value on the bike ? Or does the limited no. of these bikes justify his asking price ? :poutingcat: I need to be educated here . :oops:

Nice looking bike! I thought the triplebar was only made in 1950. Are any of the others 51 or 52 by the serial numbers?

Just looked at the bike on Ebay. He Has The Original Front wheel ( With Brake ) on a separate auction . If you bought the bike AND the front wheel set up it comes to $820.00 Shipped. Why do you suppose he 's selling these separate ? And he states it may have had a rack .........His Does not...............Does this hurt the value on the bike ? Or does the limited no. of these bikes justify his asking price ? :poutingcat: I need to be educated here . :oops:

In that case I would make an offer to buy on the condition they include the front wheel (as it is original). No rack on this model, though there was on other models. The triple bar was made from 1950-1952

Back