When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 J.C. Higgins Color-Flow restored...finally

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Martin, crazy as it sounds, I could use that 7-ball-bearing cage right below the calipers. I took apart a Bendix coaster hub this weekend and that cage was toast. Can I send you a buck and get that piece? Maybe tape one packing peanut in the middle of it so it doesn't get crushed.

7 ball bearing cage

Dear JLarkin,

I'm happy to send you the 7 ball bearing cage. I thought you could put a couple dollar bills in an envelope and send it to the return address on the package. Could you give me a mailing address in a private message?

Is anyone here interested in my 1952 JC Higgins Color-Flow? I have one that I would part with if I thought it would be restored as nicely as yours. (It has a round headlight which I believe to be original since this bike was under the Christmas tree for my mother back in 1952. She'd like to see someone save it). I'm near Pittsburgh, Pa (Go Steelers!) I also have an early 60's Flightliner. Then there's this bag of old bike parts...

I would love the Higgins. I am working on restoring the boys version right now. I am in Indianapolis. Let me know price and cost of shipping.

Thanks,

Sold!

:) The two JC Higgins bicycles that I posted a couple weeks ago have been sold to someone who will save them from the rusty hell of my parent's basement. Thanks for being honest about the value and making the 2 1/2 hour trip to meet me on Sunday. Good luck and send me pictures when it's done! Martin

:eek: WOW.....very nice restoration, very nice details, love the color combination, nothing over done!
I am almost there with my Rollfast project....can't wait.....!
waiting now is on the plating work ....:o

Beutiful bike, just curious why you didn't use the jewels in the tank and the JC Higgins decal on the tank?

What white wall tires did you use and are they original? If not do you know what white wall tires were original to the colorflow?

Back