When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Panther

-

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I purchased this 1950 Panther frame and chainguard from Danny which started this project off. After making a rat rod out of it while I accumulated the rest of the factory correct parts, I brought it around to where it's at in the last few images. The tank is a hornless Excelsior tank that came to me needing some welds and covered in glittery black paint. I stripped it to bare metal, painted it, added decals, and then aged it just a little. The fork and rack are nearly perfect patina matches that I found on eBay. It has a little way to go still - need to swap out the Phantom stem for a correct Panther one, need patina'd fenders, and even perhaps swapping the Excelsior tank for a correct Panther tank if I can find one - but it's come a long way thus far.
F37C4C4E-768F-4029-8CFC-2F0812926FBB.jpeg

20181125_132548.jpg

DSC_0777.JPG

2 (2).jpg

5 (2).jpg

4 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I am literally a black hole of bicycle parts. Or maybe more like a roach motel of bicycles and parts. Remember that commercial?....."bicycles check in, but they don't check out".

Hahaha, I remember it well. Makes me very happy to see that bike living such a good life. Great job, enjoy!

Hahaha, I remember it well. Makes me very happy to see that bike living such a good life. Great job, enjoy!

I tell all my friends this - just keep checking my local obituary. My wife HATES clutter and she does not cling to stuff like I do. My kids are even less sentimental about possessions than she is. If you see I kicked it, be the first one here to ask for the green Panther. She'll get rid of it all. That being said, I'm a relatively young man and am in very good health. So hopefully your wait will be a long one.

Back