When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950 Schwinn 20" DX

-

prewarmachine

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just picked up a little DX and I was curious if anyone had information on what colors Schwinn might have offered on their Juvenile Dx in 1950. I see a dark maroon color hidden in some places, but I'm just very intrigued as to what other colors might have been available for my year bike. Any information would really be appreciated!

My frame/fork, advertised byt the seller as a '68 Sting-Ray, was a repaint to begin with, and I found no traces of original color on it prior to the re-do. It is now black. I believe black was an option, and the catalog photos showed dark red, blue, and green on the various models.

Mine is a '52, is the same bike, but is not redone as original..
52 J20 Juvenile 20.JPG

REC

Nothing near the original here, but I plan to get it back to stock. I'm hoping black with cream claw stencils were an option. The current thought is black and cream with red/cream airwheels.

20180626_144941.jpg

Back